Join the SFIC Team as an Agent/Producer
The sports & fitness industry is fertile ground for agents wishing to expand their business. We want to help you take advantage of this growth and the opportunities that come with it. That’s why we make doing business with us as easy as possible!
Our products are available to all licensed property and casualty agents.
Appointment as an Agent/Producer
To obtain a limited appointment to place business with Sports & Fitness Insurance Corporation please complete and submit the following documents:
- Agent Appointment Packet (SFIC Producers Agreement, SFIC Limited Appointment Application, W-9 Form)
- Current Errors and Omissions Declarations Page
- Current Agency and Individual Licenses for states where your agency will place business
Submit your completed appointment documents by email to Kim Tucker, by fax to: (601) 707-1019, or by mail to:
Sports & Fitness Insurance Corporation
212 Key Drive
Madison, MS 39110
You will be notified when your appointment has been processed.
We will gladly quote and accept submissions prior to appointment. However, you cannot bind insurance on behalf of Sport & Fitness Insurance Corporation until your appointment as an Agent/Producer is complete.
- Send all submission requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the appropriate online application form to ensure the quickest response time.
- One of our underwriters will review the submission and either provide an indication or request additional information. If we provide an indication, we will request additional submission requirements as a prerequisite to binding. Additional submission requirements may include any or all of the following:
- Membership/client/student contract
- Waiver/Hold Harmless Agreement (if not included with membership contract)
- Loss history for last 3 years
- Resumé of owner for new venture
- Martial Arts sparring rules
- We can often quote from a competitor’s application, but will need a completed SFIC application to bind.
Payment and Invoicing
- Agency Bill – with very few exceptions, we will bill you, the agent or broker, for premiums due.
- You can pay in full or finance (25% down and use our finance company or use outside financing).
- You can withhold your commission when making payment.
- We can develop a customized solution if you are working directly with a franchiser or association.
- If you want to develop a book of fitness business, we want to help. Contact us and we will gladly work with you.
- For marketing support, please email Jennifer Urmston Lowe or call him at (800) 844-0536 Ext. 2225.
- Check out current marketing resources for SFIC agents.